Imagine Yoga for Kids is a fun, developmentally appropriate yoga program for kids, ranging in age from Toddler to Teen. Yoga not only strengthens and stretches bodies, but promotes flexibility and balance, focus and concentration, self-confidence, body awareness and teaches self-regulation- and that’s just the beginning!
Located in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL. Email- firstname.lastname@example.org Phone/ Text- 904.710.6389 “Like” Imagine Yoga for Kids on Facebook for the latest news and photos
What to expect…In addition to exploring yoga postures, classes may include breath work, group games, mindfulness activities, partner poses, affirmations and relaxation techniques. This is not your parents’ yoga class! While safety is our number one priority, it is very appropriate to laugh, sing, bark (when in Down Dog, of course), dance, shout Chaturanga! and so much more while in a kids’ yoga class. Yoga is so many things…strengthening, empowering, balancing, relaxing, joyful, accepting…what is it for you?
Themed classes incorporate music, art, props, puppets, literature and non-fiction books. Classes begin and end with a routine, but poses and activities throughout the middle of the class vary each time. Ideas for themes are endless!
- Pirate adventures, Ocean/ Beach, Outer Space, Dinosaurs, Super Hero, Pajama Party, Glow in the Dark, seasons and holidays are just some examples.
About the Teacher…Sharon Mathews is a Florida Certified teacher in Pre-K/ Primary, Elementary Education and ESE K-12, as well as a graduate of Next Generation Yoga, Empowered Kids Yoga and OmSchooled, and is certified to teach adults through Yoga Den’s 200 hr Teacher Training.
The highlight of Sharon’s kids’ yoga journey was this past June, when she facilitated an RYT 300-level Yoga workshop, “Kids Yoga 101” sharing her knowledge and passion with parents, health care providers, yoga/ classroom teachers. This 18-hour workshop includes a Power Point, take-home binder, along with many hands-on activities, a demo class (with real kids) 🙂 and sharing of many props. This June will be our Fourth year of this training at Yoga Den. Register here http://www.yoga-den.com If you are interested in a training at your school or yoga studio, call or email me. The workshop can be adapted to your needs.
CURRENT NEWS….the Second Annual International KIDS YOGA DAY is being held on Friday, April 7th at Carver Recreation Center in Jacksonville Beach. It will be free, open to all boys and girls (must have parent fill out a waiver). 3:30-4 pm It will be a great time! There will be all 50 states participating – as well as 42 countries! We hope you can join us!
- Summer Sessions coming soon in Neptune Beach!! TBA
- If you are interested in a single class, or a 4-,6-, or 8-week series of Yoga Classes for your Homeschool Group, I am now scheduling times for this school year. Tues./Fri. between 12-2, or Mon./ Wed. anytime before 2 pm. Price depends on location, length of class and number of students.
- How fun is a YOGA BIRTHDAY PARTY?! So much fun! Themes can be one as listed above, or a custom theme of your choice. Included is a 30/45 minute class with fun warm-ups, yoga games, group/partner poses, and relaxation time. Many possible crafts/party favors are available, such as Yoga mat decorating, meditation jars, painting relaxation stones, sewing an eye pillow or yoga mat bag, etc.. Price begins at $100 for 30 minute class for 10 kids. Additional cost for 10+ guests, crafts, additional time, yoga pose cookies, etc..
- SAVE the DATE Oct. 13-15, 2017, in Alexandria, VA, you can join Sharon at the 4th ANNUAL National Kids’ Yoga Conference, where pioneers of kids’ yoga will gather and share their expertise! https://www.eventbrite.com/e/national-kids-yoga-conference-2017-tickets-28245019614
Past classes include…
- Hendricks Avenue Elementary Yoga (Art) Club and Family Fitness Night
- Preschool Yoga at Studio K
- Teen Yoga for Girls at Power Yoga San Marco and at Dragon Dance Yoga
- Extended Day Program at Sports magnet Duval Co. School, San Pablo Elem. 2 yrs
- VPK yoga classes at PVPV Elementary
- Every week for 1st graders at Seaside Community Charter School
- Kindergarteners at J. Allen Axson
- Mini-sessions at BrainFit Camp
- Summer Yoga (ages 4-7 and 8-12) @ Yoga Mix and Family Yoga Party
- “Sunday School Yoga” at Christ Episcopal Church
- Yoga classes for Girl Scouts
- Pre-K at RPDS
- Homeschool Sessions and the list goes on!